Volunteering with dd8 music
DD8 Music have a vast array of activities to get involved in! Throughout the year there will be many volunteering opportunities available - from assisting with our adult, and young people groups, music tuition, art projects and our live events including our yearly music festival - Bonfest!
If you choose to volunteer with DD8 Music we will discuss with you what opportunities are currently available and what opportunities will be available in the future.
Volunteers are vital to our work and community, and we hope that you find your time with us as rewarding for you as it is for us. Each volunteer will be supported and supervised by a designated member of staff within the organisation (your supervisor). This will usually be our Volunteer Coordinator, alongside workers coordinating the activities you will be supporting. The supervisor will provide guidance, support, and supervision to you to ensure that the volunteering experience is a positive and rewarding one,
that your feedback is taken on board, and you are involved in decisions which affect you.
Volunteering is based on trust and mutual understanding. There is no obligation to attend or to undertake tasks. However, there needs to be mutual support, and a shared set of expectations:
Our aim is that volunteering at DD8 Music should be fun, rewarding and an opportunity to gain new skills and experience. If at any time you feel like your experience at DD8 Music falls short of this aim, please speak to your supervisor so we can look to improve your experience and time at DD8 Music.
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at Alaric@dd8music.com for further information on becoming a volunteer for DD8 Music. Copies of our volunteer handbook can be accessed below!
Volunteers can expect:
• To have clear information about what is and is not expected of them
• To receive adequate support and training
• To be insured and to volunteer in a safe environment
• To be treated with respect and in a non-discriminatory manner
• To receive reimbursement for reasonable expenses, including
travel and meals
• To have opportunities for personal development, including trainings
• To be recognised and appreciated
• To be able to say ‘no’ to anything which they consider to be unrealistic or unreasonable and know what to do when something goes wrong
What do we expect from you?
• To be reliable, punctual, open, and honest
• To represent DD8 in a positive light
• To uphold the organisation’s values and comply with
• To make the most of opportunities given, e.g., for training
• To contribute positively to the aims of the organisation and
avoid bringing the organisation into disrepute
• To carry out tasks within agreed guidelines, to the best of
• To always adhere to DD8 Music’s policies relevant to your
position at all times.
(Relevant policies will be provided to you during induction)